Cullen Maksimowski, LSSULakers.com
SAULT STE. MARIE, Mich.—Lake Superior State hockey coach Damon Whitten has announced the first member of the 2018-19 recruiting class with forward Louis Boudon signing his Nation Letter of Intent.
Boudon, a native of Villard De Lans, France, will join the Lakers for the 2018-19 season after completing the year with the Northeast Generals in the North American Hockey League.
Through 24 games with the Generals this season, Boudon has tallied 9 goals, 14 assists for a 0.96 points per game average which ranks 12th among all NAHL prospects.
Prior to the NAHL, Boudon played the 2016-17 season in NA3HL with the Metro Jets where her earned League MVP honors with 38 goals, 43 assists for 81 total points in 46 regular season games.
In high school, Boudon was a member of the U18 French National Team in Villard De Lans (2012-16) where he led the team in scoring twice (2014 & 2016).
"Louis is a highly skilled forward and a real character kid," Lake Superior assistant coach Rich Metro said of Boudon. "He possess the skill set to generate points and create offense but he's also very responsible on defense. A year from now, we expect him to be an impact player for us."
Louis Boudon – Forward – 5-11 – Villard De Lans, France
NAHL: Northeast Generals 2017-18:
- Ranks No.4 on team and No.12 in the leage with 9 goals, 14 assists
- Eastern Divison Star of the Week (Oct.19)
NA3Hl: Metro Jets 2016-17:
- League MVP
- East Division Forward of the Year
- NA3HL First All-Star Team
- NA3HL All-Silver Tournament Team
- East Division Champions
- Beat USA Hockey Regular Season Record (47-0-0)
- Scored a team-high 81 points
18U Villard De Lans French National Team 2012-2016:
- Team Captain 2016
- Led team in scoring 2014 & 16
- Finished career with 54 goals, 67 assists and 132 total points